Friday, April 27, 2012

Random thoughts for Friday

Last night, we saw a wonderful one-man show called "Clooney, Cowell, Pitt and Me" by Sandro Monetti. It was a witty show about one man's journey through Hollywood A-Listers. Sandro is a correspondent for the BBC, BAFTA and other British media outlets. I had seen a dress rehearsal of it but thought Ryan would like to see it. The 2nd time the show had a better pace & the script was much tighter. Our favorite story was about Christian Bale and his petunias. The show ended it's LA run last night and it's off to New York for the "East of Edinburgh Fringe Festival". After that, it goes to Edinburgh. I hope to go to Edinburgh with a show one day.

I got an email today asking if I would like to go to Antarctica for 14 days. Antarctica?! Sure, how much? I open the email and the rates start at $13,000. By the time I pick my dates & flights, the trip costs $24,385. For that kind of money, I could have my wedding twice and another trip to Montana. But I would like to go to Antarctica one day.

It's closing weekend at the Lyric Theatre again. It's always a bittersweet feeling to close a show. I look forward to having my weekend nights back but I will miss going to the theatre & seeing the cast. And of course, the Lyric is like a second home. I hope it all ends on a good note.

No comments:

Post a Comment